Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Hershey's Nugget Box & Dove Chocolates Box

I want to thank Beth Warner for her great instructions for making little boxes that can hold 3 Hershey's Nuggets.  I've been seeing them on people's blogs but found her instructions yesterday and just had to try it myself.  They are super cute!  My only issue is the use of the dreaded 16th inches!  Argh!  I just bought the Martha Stewart scoring board last week and have been trying to scale up/down patterns because there are no 16th inch increments on that or my Fiskar's paper trimmer.  Beth was so kind to post her instructions and I tweaked them to suit my "16th-inch-a-phobia" and here are my measurements on the score board.

Box:  6" x 4 1/2"
With the 6" side against the top of the board, score @ 3/4", 1 1/2", 4 1/2", & 5 1/4"

With the 4 1/2" side against the top of the board, score @ 3/4", 1 1/2", 3", & 3 3/4"

Top: 5 1/2" x 3"

With the 5 1/2" side against the top of the board, score @ 3/4", 2 3/8", 3 1/8", & 4 3/4"

I then followed Beth's instructions for assembly and it turned out great!  Then I got to thinking, what other candy can I put in the box?  I had some little Dove chocolates but they were too big soooooooooo...

Sized to fit 3 Dove chocolates:

Box: 5 1/2" x 3 1/2"

With the 5 1/2" side against top of the board, score @ 1/2", 1", 4 1/2", & 5"

With the 3 1/2" side against top of the board, score @ 1/2", 1", 2 1/2", & 3"

Top: 4 1/2" x 3 1/2"

With the 4 1/2" side against the top of the board, score @ 1/2", 2", 2 1/2", & 4"

Follow the assembly instructions for the Hershey's Nugget Box.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello...Thank you so much for the comment on my blog.....there wasn't an email addy for me to respond back to you but I wanted to let you know you can download the swing card here.... http://www.pennyduncancreations.com/PDC%20SVG%20Cut%20File%20Page%20Card%20Templates.htm
I just checked the link and it is working....I believe the old link you were trying to use was the post I did before I launched my own website.....If I can help you any further, please feel free to email me...I hope you're having a blessed weekend!!!

Susan J Barker said...

I thought I lost you forever! I changed computers about 6 months, or maybe longer ago and many of my links got lost along the way -- you were one, Now I am back! I have put you on my RSS feed and will try to catch up -- I came looking for you because of the cloth panty liners, and that is what I am sewing up today... Hope you are enjoying your day... Miss Snips Notebook, now Susan being Snippy...

Elizabeth J. Neal said...

This was really an interesting topic and I kinda agree with what you have mentioned here! twix chocolate