Friday, August 11, 2006

It's been a month and a half since my last confession!

I can't believe it's been so long. I have been busy, but who hasn't? It's summer. My whole routine and schedule has been completely thrown off kilter. For one, this is my first summer home with my children. I was scared to death! I have always worked and they have always been in some form of summer program to keep them busy. Now I'm glad I'm home with them, don't get me wrong, but how can you keep your kids busy and not spend a fortune or lose your mind?

Our trip to Hawaii was nice but very hot. I know it's hot here in Vegas (110 degrees today!) but Hawaii's humidity kicked my ass! It was nice to see my cousins, some of whom I haven't seen in 15 years. My sisters and I got to have a nice lunch together and I was able to spend time with them individually as well.

Bernie and I went to Denver a couple of weekends ago for a football conference meeting. I didn't see very much of the city, though. We stayed at the Denver Marriott Tech Center and we didn't venture out much. I did manage to go to Anderson's Strawberry Tree, which is a yarn shop, not too far from the hotel. Since I had a non-knitting friend with me, I tried not to stay too long. I did manage to buy a couple of skeins of Noro Kureyon and one of Noro Daria, some sock yarn, point protectors and a Noni bag pattern. They only accepted cash (get with the program people and start accepting credit cards!) or I would have bought more than that.

Last week I finally went to a LYS that I haven't been to before. It's called Two Crazy Ladies Yarn Shop and they've been open for a year. Luckily for me, they were having a big sale for their anniversary. Every yarn in the shop was 50% off! I spent about $100. Enough single skeins for small projects for my sister, a skein of Noro Kureyon (I'm collecting this yarn, apparently), and some other yarn for a couple of shawls. Forgive me, but this yarn is upstairs in my stash and I'm downstairs and too lazy to go up and get it. I need to go back to the shop and wind up those skeins into balls. The winder was busy. Remind me to put that on my Christmas wish list...a swift! I've had my ball winder for years and for now, Bernie is content to hold my skeins for me but that's because they're only about 100 yds each. I bought some lace yarn that's 440 yds per skein from Knit Picks (with more on the way) and I don't think he'd sit still for that, especially since I need to attach my winder to our dinner table. Oh, BTW, those Knit Picks Options needles are great! I love the flexible cable! Only bad thing is that when I cast on for a Moebius scarf the needles kept unscrewing from the cable. I think it was the coiled action of the Moebius that was the culprit, don't you?

Gotta run. Aloha!

No comments: