Saturday, June 07, 2008

Journey - OMG! They're so back!



So wonderful to see the guys back doing what they do best. I've been a fan since the early '80s when my high school boyfriend introduced me to their music. We even saw them in concert when they played at the Neil Blaisdell Center in Honolulu in 1983 and 1984. I was heartbroken when Steve Perry left the group and couldn't quite resign myself to Steve Augeri as their new frontman. I think the years have mellowed my views and I am now able to embrace fellow Filipino, Arnel Pineda, as lead vocalist. Thanks to the original band members Neal Schon and Ross Valory plus longtime members Jonathan Cain and Deen Castronovo, the sound is genuine Journey.

I first saw Arnel Pineda on YouTube and was completely blown away. Apparently, this is how Neal Schon found out about him, too.


If you're a Journey fan or want to be one, you can find this 3-CD set at Wal-Mart for $11.88. I just bought it today and had to rip the celophane off in the parking lot. I think my son has only seen me do this to candy wrappers! Money well spent.
Now to get all of this good stuff on my iPod so I can take the guys with me.

Aloha!

No comments: