Tuesday, April 21, 2009

My first Tim Tam and a tuna casserole recipe


biscuit,Tim Tam

OMG! These biscuits are to die for! Steph and I stopped by the British Grocers store on Decatur/Twain this afternoon for a look-see as we had never been there before. We were used to getting our stuff at International Marketplace but were curious. They had all kinds of goodies but we found the prices of their products to be quite high. I understand that as a small store they can't buy as much as International Marketplace and keep their prices down. I did love their selection, however, and will be back. They carry frozen bangers, crumpets, scones, and other yummies as well as dry goods. Having heard about the delicious Tim Tam biscuits, I just had to get some. I also bought a couple of small bags of Smokey Bacon flavored crisps for Chris (whose favorite food in the world is bacon).

If you don't like tuna casserole, please look away now.


tuna casserole


What do you do when you look at the clock and realize it's 7:30 pm and you haven't cooked dinner yet? I made tuna casserole!

1 16 oz pkg elbow macaroni
1 10 3/4 oz can condensed cream of chicken soup
1 10 3/4 oz can condensed cheddar cheese soup
1 soup can full of milk
2 6 oz cans tuna
2 cups shredded cheese (I used Fiesta blend)
salt & pepper to taste

Cook macaroni according to package directions, though I like to cook mine a little longer. Drain and set aside. Combine the rest of the ingredients except the cheese. Stir to blend completely. Add cooked macaroni and stir. Add cheese and stir to blend completely. Serve as is or transfer to a greased casserole dish, top with crushed Ritz crackers and melted butter and bake in a 350 degree oven for 15 minutes or until bubbly. I didn't have crackers on hand and we were to hungry to wait for that anyway. I served mine with homemade dinner rolls. A salad would have been good, too.

No comments: