Sunday, January 10, 2010

Happy 20th Anniversary, My Love!

Today is our 20th wedding anniversary.  I love this man more today than I did back then.  We have challenges like everyone else but in my heart I feel so much peace.  I know that no matter what, he'll take care of me, he'll be the strong one, he'll be the tough one, he'll be the level-headed one, and he'll be the smart one.  He sits back and watches me make mistakes and then laughs so hard that it makes me laugh.  We call eachother "stoopit" (stupid, but in a kind way).  We give eachother room to move.  He is my rock and I make him feel cared for.   He holds the weight of the world on his broad shoulders and we feel sheltered.  I love this man of mine!



He wanted to take me out for dinner for our anniversary but because I am still getting over the flu, I thought it would be a waste since I can't really enjoy it.  I decided instead to make dinner for us at home and leave him to his video games in the living room.  My friends who know him would think it's funny that he asked me out to dinner since they all know he hates eating out.  When I ran into a friend at the supermarket she said I should have gone, sick and all, because I never know when it will happen again!  Isn't that the truth!  That's okay.  I am where I want to be right now.
 
What else exciting happened on our anniversary?  He got to take apart the pipes under the kitchen sink!  Before I left for the store, I went under the sink for something and noticed it was wet.  Oh no!  I took everything out and wiped everything down but couldn't locate anything dripping.  I reminded him that the sink was backing up whenever I ran the dishwasher so he took everything apart and cleaned all the gunk out of the hoses and we were back in business.  No more backup when I ran the dishwasher.  Woohoo!  Poor guy, he would never have made it as a plumber...too big to fit under the sink!  I told him it's almost like plumbing by Braille since he can't see everything he's doing. 


No comments: