Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Exploding box

This morning I was watching some HSN that I'd taped on Monday because it's National Craft Month.  I saw the Crafter's Companion Ultimate Craft Tool with Boards (item #264-023) and just had to have it!  I've been wanting to make some of the exploding boxes I've seen all over the place.  I even considered buying an SVG template for the Sure Cuts A Lot but now I'm glad I didn't.  They're so easy and cool as heck!  I kept watching the video over and over and went to my crafting area and made this box.  The scalloped circle and flowers were cut on my Cricut and so was the digi stamp.  I saw the coolest video on YouTube that showed how to do that.  The box is a 12" x 12" sheet and the top is an 8 1/8"x 8 1/8" sheet.  EASY!  I can't wait to get my tool box!  I'm just amazed at how quickly the projects come together.  If you're interested in getting it, make sure you order #264-023 and not #364-395!  They look identical but #264-023 has 54 more embossing templates and is only $5.00 more!
What's going in the box?  I made some Apricot scones and some Iced Maple scones this morning and called two of my friends to come pick some up.  They got two scones in each box.  I wrapped the scones so that they can re-use their boxes if they want to.

No comments: