Thursday, August 04, 2011

Tazo Shaken Iced Passion Tea Lemonade for 25 cents????

One of the things I fell in love with during our trip to Hawaii this summer was the Tazo Shaken Iced Passion Tea Lemonade from St*rbucks.  What I didn't fall in love with was paying over $3.00 for an iced tea and since there were two of us, that was over $6.00 for iced tea.  I just had to drink them when I got back home but, you know me, I had to do it cheaply.  I figure it now costs me about 25 cents for my 24 oz version of this drink.  Here's how I do it:
Brew a 10 oz cup of the Tazo Passion tea with my Keurig
Pour it over a full 24 oz cup of ice
Add some simple syrup and some pink lemonade Kool Aid syrup (1 pkt pink lemonade Kool Aid, 1 cup water, 1 cup sugar)
Put on a lid and shake.  Add a straw and enjoy. 

So simple...why pay $3.00 ever again?

No comments: