Monday, December 24, 2007

Ugly But Cozy


Yeah, I know it's not attractive but it's just my prototype. I ultimately want to sew a quilted cozy but my yarn just happened to be sitting in my knitting bag right next to me. It works!



Okay, couldn't wait. Had to get to the sewing machine. This is not quite as ugly as the crocheted cozy but still not perfect. I'm actually pretty pleased with it but, of course, will tweak it until it's as good as I can get it. Good news is that for this 2 cup teapot, it only took one fat quarter and some thick polyester batting. I don't normally use polyester batting, but my friend, Pat, left me a good sized scrap of it after we made some tote bags one night. Next time, I won't take the batting all the way up past the drawstring. I do think that I'll have to use the polyester to keep that really lofty look, but we'll see. This one seems to keep the teapot hotter than the crocheted version, but I kind of expected that. Back to the drawing board. Oh yeah, and Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

mama k said...

Merry Christmas to you and yours!
& Blessings for the New Year! :)

I definitely need to make a teapot cozy too... one of these days.