Sunday, February 15, 2009

Starbucks London Fog Latte & Hat/Scarf Set


I have a love/hate relationship with Starbucks. I think they are way overpriced for what you get but I do enjoy a Green Tea Frappuccino on a hot summer day (I'd rather not know what is really in it). I get some satisfaction knowing how people learn to make their own versions of Starbucks favorites, which is what I tend to do because I can't stand spending $2.00 plus for a cup of tea from a bag and $4.00 for a cappuccino that I can make at home for pennies! Call me cheap, I don't care.

Take their London Fog Latte. All it is is a double-sized Earl Grey teabag, steamed milk, and a few pumps of vanilla syrup. How did I make it at home? I feel stupid explaining it as it's too easy. I steeped a cup of Earl Grey tea double strength, frothed some milk with my espresso machine and added some of my homemade vanilla bean simple syrup. I've also renewed my love affair with my Breville Cafe Roma. For the past two nights, I've been using my stove-top Bialetti Mukka Express to make my husband and me cappuccinos after dinner. I made the mistake of saying something about making them on the stove and he asked why, since he bought me this expensive machine that I haven't used in awhile. So this morning I decided to make myself a cappuccino with my machine. So easy to make, so easy to clean, very yummy! This is how I got to thinking about the London Fog Latte. Although I like Earl Grey well enough, I wonder what other flavored teas would taste good like this? I have a Caramel tea and a Blueberry Maple tea I'd like to try.






I know the Super Bowl is over, but I have a friend who is a big Steelers fan. I don't get to see her very often and we miss seeing eachother at our bi-monthly knit nites. I made her this set plus a beret in a very soft periwinkle blue yarn. Hope she likes them.



Now I can get back to watching the BBC series Ballykissangel on Netflix via XBox Live. Being able to watch movies and such instantly from Netflix is so worth the monthly fee. I consider this is what I'm paying for and getting my movies in the mail is just a 'bonus'.

No comments: