Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Bisquick 7 Up Biscuits

Oh my!  I am such a sucker for a good biscuit and have made a few that I thought were good but this one knocks them all down.  The ingredients are very surprising.  My friend, Steph, told me about these today.  A recipe she saw on Pinterest by plainchicken.com. 

Bisquick 7Up Biscuits

2 c. Bisquick
1/2 c. Sour cream
1/2 c. 7 Up
1/4 c. Butter, melted

Preheat oven to 450 degrees.  I also preheated my cast iron skillet but the recipe doesn't use one of these.  Stir sour cream into Bisquick then add 7 Up and stir until well mixed.  The batter will be very soft.  The recipe says to flour your board with more Bisquick and pat out the dough then cut out biscuits but I didn't do that either.  I took my hot skillet out of the oven and melted my butter in it.  Then I used a large ice cream scoop and dropped the dough onto the butter.  Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden brown.  This made 8 biscuits.


No comments: