Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Knit Nite

Had a great time with Steph and Leah (sp?) last night. Dinner at Zaba's was good. Kinda tasted like Baja Fresh to me. I was so full when we got to reJAVAnate that I couldn't have any coffee until we were almost done knitting. Oh, and that creme brulee bar wasn't too bad either.

I was working on Clapotis #3 and also finished my crocheted spiral scarf in a lovely soft pink that would do great as a breast cancer awareness scarf.

A dear friend has Stage IV breast cancer and lives in Hawaii. I'd love to knit or crochet something for her but I can't think of anything to make in any fiber that won't be too hot! Suggestions anyone? Perhaps a rayon yarn or cotton rayon from Mystical Creations Yarns would do the job. I'm thinking another clapotis or other shawl that she can wear while she reads her trashy romance novels. She's a voracious reader and really fostered my love of reading while I was growing up. I love this woman with all my heart. She is the mother of my high school sweetheart. Even though he and I have gone our separate ways (many moons ago) I still call her and her husband Mom & Dad out of the respect that they deserve. I have hardly seen her since I was "home" nearly 4 years ago, save for a day when she was here in Vegas a couple of years ago. I'm looking forward to being with her when I go back to Hawaii for Christmas.

No comments: