Friday, October 21, 2005

Bernie's afghan

My poor husband! He has patiently waited over a year for an afghan to cover his bed at the fire station. He bought the yarn last September and only occasionally asked about his afghan's progress. He has seen me start and complete over 100 projects in the past year without making a start on his afghan. No, I take that back, I had started it but was never satisfied with a pattern so I didn't go any further than swatches. Not only that, but he bought Red Heart worsted for the afghan and I just didn't want to make a project of that size in that yarn. I wanted him to have a nice, soft, cuddly afghan and not something that not only wears like iron but feels like it as well. I have always liked Red Heart Light and Lofty and a new friend suggested using this for an afghan because she just completed one and raved about it. I have used this for a poncho and shawl and a pair of house slippers. Here is the result, though it is not completed just yet. Even though his bed is only a twin, I want to make it large enough to hang over each side by a good foot. I expect it to use at least 15 skeins.





No comments: