Friday, October 21, 2005







The red and purple ones are my versions of the Martha Stewart Poncho. I made some alterations because I didn't care for the higher neckline and I thought the scallop edge was too involved. I substituted the edge with treble crochet shells. They were quick to do and took me just a tad over 4 skeins each. I made spiral scarves with the leftovers. Unfortunately, the purple one was made with a discontinued color - Renaissance in the LB Homespun. I searched high and low for an extra skein because I was a few inches of scallop left from being done. I finally had to cannibalize a shawl in my UFO pile of the same yarn. I finished the poncho and bound off the shawl, then a few days later I found an extra skein in another of my secret stash places. The shawl was a bit small for me but luckily, my sister, Sherry, is smaller than I am and was the happy recipient of said shawl, along with a poncho and some scarves. Being that she lives in Ohio and I live in Las Vegas, she will probably get a lot more use out of them than I.

No comments: