It took me 12 days but they're done. I finished them for the Sock a Month Knitalong3 group.
I immediately started on this new pair at the same time on Magic Loop using the Turkish Cast On
for which I would like to thank Misocrafty for posting this tutorial. Very easy toe up method. You just have to do it, not think about it. I didn't think it would work when I was reading it, but I figured "what the heck, I can always rip it out if it doesn't work" but it did. I hope they're done by next Monday's knit nite so I can show them to the group. In fact, I'm hoping to turn the heels on them tomorrow and it's gravy from there.