Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Books I'm reading/listening to

Just finished listening to Second Sight and enjoyed it. Really enjoy Amanda Quick! Just finished reading Dreaming of You this morning and thought it was very touching. I cried. I know, I'm a sucker! Almost done listening to The Heir and am liking it so far, but then again, I've loved Johanna Lindsey since I was a teenager and my high school boyfriend's mom used to pass on her books to me. Liked her even more when I found out she lived in my hometown! Speaking of my ex-boyfriend's mom, she is no longer with us, due to a battle with breast cancer, but she really helped to foster my love of reading. She was an avid, voracious reader of trashy romance novels, which today are still my favorite kind. Can you imagine passing on Bertrice Small and Virginia Henley to your teenaged son's girlfriend? She was a very loving and open minded mom, but as a mom of a teenaged son myself, I couldn't see myself passing along anything more stimulating than Captain Underpants and the Wrath of the Wicked Wedgie Woman.


3 comments:

Lisa said...

I love Dreaming of You so much, it's one of my very favorite books.

Monet said...

Oh books...I'll have to look at those and put them on my list. already have about 25 books read this year and counting. thanks for sharing!

nanaofnc said...

Ooh, thanks for sharing. I've been into a bunch of Rosemary Rodgers lately. I got hooked on her books decades ago. Think I'd enjoy some Johanna Lindsey; will give her a try.