Thursday, January 03, 2008

Pumpkin Bread Pudding Recipe

After seeing that pumpkin bread pudding recipe I wrote about a couple of posts ago, I have been wanting some but wanted to make one close to my old standby recipe, just pumpkin-y. This is what I came up with, and it was yummy, especially when served warm with vanilla bean ice cream on top and a hot cup of coffee.

Pumpkin Bread Pudding

1 package stale hamburger buns - 8 count or approximately 5 cups when torn into 1 inch pieces
2 cups half & half (or 1 c. milk and 1 c. heavy cream)
3 eggs
2/3 cup white sugar
2/3 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice blend
1 tsp. vanilla
1 can pure pumpkin (15 oz.)
1/4 c. chopped pecans

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter the bottom and sides of a 13 X 9 inch baking pan. Spread bread pieces evenly in pan. Mix the rest of the ingredients together in a separate bowl until well incorporated. Pour evenly over bread pieces, stir slightly, and let sit for a few minutes to give bread a chance to soak up the wet mixture. Bake 45 - 60 minutes or until knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let sit for a few minutes before serving to let it set up further.

2 comments:

GailM. said...

OMG, that sounds so yummy. No, no, I'm not even going to copy the recipe. Ohhh, maybe I'll copy to give to my sister.. .Yep, that's what I'll do. I'm not going to make it for me...I might make it for her, but not for me..

You're Tea cozy is sweet. I love small projects. It's just a coincidence, but I made a tea cozy today too. Not this kind, the half circle kind. I got the pattern off the Mary Engribright lady's website. It's called Bloomin Tea cozy...

Mindy said...

Wow, I'm gonna have to try that. The good thing (or bad thing depending on your point of view) is that I'm get to eat it all because hubby hates pumpkin.