Thursday, January 17, 2008

Wow, it's been a long time

Twelve days since I last blogged. I have been busy, honest! I did a little sewing. I made some stethoscope covers for my sister and her friends. I didn't really want to make the skull & roses into a stethoscope cover. I don't think it's appropriate for a hospital but she assured me it would be perfect for this particular friend. Oh well. Another friend wants one in a soft pink breast cancer awareness fabric so I guess I'll have to do a little fabric shopping. Gina will love the coffee fabric.

We're a family of big coffee drinkers. I, however, have been on a tea kick lately. I've always loved iced tea but have rediscovered hot tea. I'm totally not a tea snob. I'll drink pretty much anything that I think tastes good. Yesterday after Pat and I had lunch at Loco Sushi, I headed on over to Cost Plus to check out their tea selection. I really couldn't decide so I settled on guaranteed winners, Twinings Darjeeling and a black tea variety pack. Before we went to lunch we stopped at Ross where I found this Bodum 34 oz. tea press pot for $12.00. Today I stopped by Fresh & Easy, which just opened not to far from my house and picked up these other two teas. I'm having a cup of the chocolate tea now and I'm undecided about the taste.

I think Sophie approves of my choice in a quilt pattern. It's called Scrappy Mountain Majesties from Quiltville.com and is so easy that I think I can do it. I'm giving myself a month to finish it and I want to make it very scrappy.

Gotta run to wrestling practice!

No comments: