Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Merry Christmas!


Mele Kalikimaka!

I hope everyone's Christmas or other winter holiday was all that they wished for. We're still celebrating although Bernie is at work today. The kids and their friends are in the next room enjoying the Wii. I think they're playing baseball.

We enjoyed dinner at the fire station on Christmas Eve. They guys cooked a fabulous meal with deep fried turkeys and some ham with all the side dishes we all love. They had a whole table devoted to desserts of all kinds. The best part? They cleaned up after the whole thing!

Santa brought me the umbrella swift that I asked for. I have a ball winder already. I also got a craft store gift card that will be put to good purpose. The evening was spent in the hot tub being serenaded by Il Divo. They weren't really there, but it sure sounded like they were!

I have been busy knitting also. On Saturday, I knit a cap from a ball of Noro Kureyon that I forgot I had. Then yesterday, I made a pair of fingerless mittens, also out of one ball of Kureyon. I wanted to see if I could make the pair with one ball so they're not as long as I would have liked but will still fit nicely under a coat or jacket. Unfortunately, the cap and mitts are not from the same colorway so I'll have to make another cap in the same colorway as the mitts. Awwww shucks!



I have lunch to cook so I'd better log off.
Aloha!

No comments: