Thursday, September 27, 2007

Today's new bag

After spending 2 days checking out other people's purses and bags, I was itching to try a new one myself. This is what I came up with based upon a pattern called the Dorothy Handbag. The major differences are that there is no side gusset, I stuffed my handles with Poly-Fill instead of upholstery cording, and I used a magnetic snap closure rather than Velcro. Oh, and I didn't have a pattern! I used one fat quarter for the outside and handles and one 11" x 12" piece of fabric for the lining. After using it at the football game with no closure, I came home and dug a couple of scraps out of the trash can and added the closure, which thrills me to no end. I love this fabric and wish I knew who made it, but it was an unmarked fat quarter that I bought at a LQS. I think it's Moda but I can't call the store. They have closed up and will only sell online now. The bag is just large enough for my wallet, keys, cell phone, coin purse, and sunglasses.

Goodnight all! I'm off to clean my kitchen and then off to bed!



No comments: