Friday, April 16, 2010

Tea Bag Holder Cards

My friends laugh at me now whenever I open a conversation with, "I was watching YouTube..." because it gets me into so much trouble (of the best kind) because I see so many things I want to do and usually don't fall asleep until I do them (at 2:00 am).

Well, I was watching YouTube last night and saw these tea bag holders by Dawn and thought they were the cutest things!  I did, however, make mine a bit differently and here are the specifics:

Tea Bag Holder

Cover:
7 3/4" x 3 1/2" (the extra 1" is for the flap I added)
Score at 3 1/8" & 3 5/8"  then flip and score 1" from the other end and round the flap corners.

Insert:
5 1/2" x 6 1/2"
On the 5 1/2" side, score at 2 1/2" and 3"
On the 6 1/2" side, score at 3" and 6"

I follow Dawn's directions for assembly except that I glue the insert inside the cover rather than tie together with ribbon.  I cut decorative paper and cardstock to cover the front and the flap then seal with glue dots.

I can see I need to do a better job of gluing the inserts as it looks as though the blue one is coming undone.

No comments: